Founded in 1820 in the Paris area and then established in the Pays de la Loire, Normandy and Burgundy, the Gévelot Group widened its investments in Europe in the 1980s, to conquer from the 2000s the other continents.
At the beginning, the activity of the company consisted in manufacturing the sabers for the Royal Gendarmerie at the beginning of the 19th century. Then the Company received for the first time in 1823 the authorization to use the fulminate of mercury in the manufacture of primers and to make cartridges. This authorization was renewed by Ordinance of Louis-Philippe, King of the French, in March 1845, then at the end of March 1852 by Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte, President of the French Republic. The production of ammunition therefore developed from 1820 to 1980 and forged the worldwide reputation of Gévelot.
Gévelot then extended its competence in 1932 to positive displacement pumps for petroleum, food and industry via its subsidiary SGMM which became PCM. Then in the 50s and 60s, in the fields of various mechanics (Gurtner) and textile related industries (SLF) and finally, in the field of forgings for the automobile via its subsidiary Gévelot Extrusion, activities abandoned since.
The Group, a today leading player in positive displacement pumps through its PCM subsidiary and present in more than 24 countries, celebrates its bicentenary in 2020 and remains family-owned to this day. Its evolution illustrates an exceptional industrial history.